Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana to provide houses to all by 2022. Under this scheme, financial assistance is provided by the government to build houses in urban and rural areas. This help is different for different classes.
How to apply for PMAY scheme
- Online: A person can go to the official website of the scheme to apply online. apply
- To do this they must have a valid Aadhaar card.
- Offline: Offline for the scheme by filling the form available through Beneficiary Common Service Center (CSC)
- Can apply The price of these forms is Rs. 25 + GST.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Grameen Yojana is specially designed for people living in rural India. To apply for this scheme, the government has prepared a mobile based housing app.
How to apply online
- Download the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana app from Google Play Store.
- After this, register it with the help of your mobile number.
- This app will send a one time password to your mobile number.
- Fill in the required information after logging in with OTP.
What will be the benefit
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Gramin (PMAY-G) helps you financially to build your home. In PMAY-G, you can take a loan of six lakh rupees at an interest rate of up to six percent per annum. If you need more than this to build a house, then you will have to take a loan with the normal interest rate on that additional amount.
Who is eligible for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- Financially Weaker Section (EWS) – Families with annual income up to Rs 3 lakh.
- Low Income Group (LIG) – Families with annual income ranging from Rs 3 lakh to Rs 6 lakh.
- Middle Income Group I (MIG I) – Families with an annual income ranging from Rs 6 lakh to Rs 12 lakh.
- Middle Income Group II (MIG II) – Families with annual income ranging from Rs 6 lakh to Rs 12 lakh.
- Women who belong to EWS and LIG category.
- Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), and Other Backward Classes (OBC).